Cell phones and other electronic devices are sadly one of the most likely causes for an automobile accident in Broward County. This issue is known as “distracted driving,” and it comes from being focused on numerous other things while driving, such as texting, talking while driving, or other forms of multi-tasking. There is no excuse for this behavior that has affected drivers across the country; such driving is irresponsible, dangerous, and inconsiderate of one’s own safety and the safety of others sharing the road. The only task for a driver is simple: Drive your vehicle safely. If people fail to do this, they risk more than missing a call or a text—they are placing people’s lives in danger, including their own.
Such irresponsible driving must be punished. If you or someone you love have been injured due to another driver texting while driving, a Fort Lauderdale distracted driver accident lawyer at GMV Law Group is ready hold this driver responsible for his or her negligence. You deserve compensation for the damages you have suffered, and our attorneys have more than 25 years of experience in filing personal injury claims due to someone’s negligence. We are ready to discuss your claim with you today.
The Benefits of Working with an Experienced Accident Lawyer
The legal system is complex and daunting, but with our experience in personal injury law, our distracted driving lawyers know how to navigate the legal process for these types of cases. GMV Law Group will handle the following for your case:
- Investigate the accident.
- Seek out evidence including witness statements, photographs, and expert opinions.
- Obtain and analyze police and operator reports.
- Review of all available sources of insurance.
- Seek reimbursement for your medical expenses or any other expenses resulting from your accident.
- Obtain and evaluate your medical records.
- Evaluate your injuries.
- Analyze any long-term financial needs, future wage loss, or medical care.
- Ensure you are receiving proper medical treatment for your injuries.
- Seek compensation for your lost wages.
- Communicate directly with the insurance companies.
- Negotiate your claim in order to achieve a favorable ruling.
Proving Negligence and Collection Damages
In order to win a case concerning negligence, four factors must be proved:
- Duty – The injured victim (the plaintiff) must prove the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty to act with reasonable care when operating their vehicle. This is required by every driver who operates their vehicle.
- Breach – The plaintiff must also be able to prove the defendant did not meet this duty because the defendant’s failure to act with reasonable care when driving the vehicle.
- Causation – The plaintiff must also prove the defendant’s conduct was the actual cause of the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Damages – The plaintiff must be able to prove that he or she suffered some form of injury due to the defendant’s conduct.
Along with these four factors, other issues are considered, such as loss of wages, loss of employment, reduced earning capacity, mental anguish, permanent disfigurement, loss of consortium and property damage, loss of enjoyment of life, and pain and suffering.
Collecting Compensation after a Distracted Driver Accident
If a distracted driver’s negligence has led to your injury, you may be eligible for compensation for damages. Our distracted driving accident lawyers at the GMV Law Group are eager to fight for you and protect your rights as your legal representation. We know the time following an accident is extremely difficult, and we are ready to stand beside you as we make the steps ahead together.
We will thoroughly and carefully navigate each and every aspect of your case, and we will represent you in court if a trial is necessary. We will work with you so that you can focus on what matters most: healing, recovering, and moving on with your life. Our 25 years of combined experience enables our attorneys to provide professional and outstanding legal counsel. Our dynamic legal perspective and our focus on our clients makes our team a significant foe to insurance companies and difficult defendants. But while we fight your opponents, our focus remains on you as we strive to help you feel comfortable, confident, and well informed on the progression of your case.
We have proudly served clients throughout Fort Lauderdale, Lauderhill, Davie, Weston, Margate, Deerfield Beach, and Sunrise, and we are ready to represent YOU. Contact a GMV Law Group car accident lawyer today to schedule a free initial consultation by sending us an online message, or call 954-530-6206. We are eager to discuss your case with you as we help you learn more about your legal options.
Contact Our Offices Today!