The timeline following a car accident is crucial. The litigation process needs to begin immediately after the accident, but this may sound overwhelming considering that you are recovering from injuries and trying to make sense of the financial burdens suddenly placed on you. But you do not have to do this alone; our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers can begin working on investigating your case, proving liability for distracted driving, and crafting a strong claim for your compensation while you focus on what matters most: healing.
However, to make sure you claim is successful, there are certain steps you need to take following an auto accident:
- Stay calm: An accident may shake you up, but it is vital to do your best to remain calm so that you can respond in a rational manner.
- Check for injuries: In the event that you or another driver or passenger has been hurt, do your best to stay still or help the injured victim remain still while you call for an ambulance.
- Safely exit the vehicle: Turn on your hazard lights. If your car can be moved, try to get it off the road as much as possible. If you cannot move your car, check to see if there are no cars approaching and exit the vehicle.
- Call the police: Always call law enforcement, unless the accident is a minor fender-bender. Give the officers any information he or she asks from you.
- Exchange only basic information with other driver: If the other driver asks for your information, do not give him or her anything beyond your name and basic insurance information. Make sure you do not discuss the accident at all with the other party, because anything you say can and may be used against you in a civil case.
- Call us immediately: Don’t take any steps in the insurance claims process without the counsel of your attorney. If you do talk to an insurance agent before you talk to your attorney, make sure you don’t make a recorded statement, and stick to the basic information. While you might believe that your insurance company will side with you, you must also remember that they are protecting their own interests. Don’t say something that could endanger your claim.
Hiring a Broward County Auto Accident Attorney
Our team at the GMV Law group is proud to provide comprehensive representation in every step of the process of seeking your just compensation. We are diligent in our investigation as we interview witnesses, gather evidence, check police reports, evaluate injuries, and analyze the details of your accident. We seek to have a factually-based perspective of your case, allowing us to focus on objective evidence that strengthens your case and increases the likelihood for a successful claim for recovery.
We work on a contingency basis, meaning that we do not collect any payment if we do not win payment for you. This makes our interests align with the interests of our clients as we fight for you.
We serve people – from individuals to families – throughout the Broward County area, including Hollywood, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Weston, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Tamarac, and other surrounding areas. We have offices in Weston and Fort Lauderdale, but we are willing to not only work with your schedule; we will come to your home if you cannot come to us.
We are committed to serving our clients in a timely manner, which includes giving them quick responses to their questions. We also provide free consultations, where we discuss your case and the possibility of pursuing us as your legal counsel and representation for your claim. If you want to schedule a time to talk with one of our attorneys face-to-face about your case, please give us a call today at 954-530-6206, or send us an online message now.
Contact Our Offices Today!